Thursday, November 4, 2010

It's a Crazy Life, A Crazy Life, It Keeps You On Your Toes

So I figured I should inform you of the latest and the greatest.

Today I returned to work. I was really nervous about going, just because I knew that everyone there would know what would know about what happened, and I think I was just a little embarrassed, and was afraid it would be awkward.

Luckily my team pulled through, and I had nothing to worry about. They were all excited to see me and making jokes about how I was the new hire and they were so excited to get to know me. Then they started going on and on about how they hoped I enjoyed my vacation and did I do anything fun with my time off. Once Jon got in, they chastised him about not giving me enough notice for my vacation cause I didn't have time to plan my trip. HAHA. It was perfect cause we got all the awkwardness out of the way right at the beginning and then everything just went back to normal.

That might have been the weirdest part about today. The fact that NOTHING was different. I went right back to my desk... pulled up the same old reports...... went back to the same old same old. It honestly was like the previous two days had never happened. I sometimes would forget that it had. But in the back of my mind I would be like, "Remember how this time yesterday you didn't have a job?" It was just so strange. But I'd definitely take strange and employed over normal and unemployed.

Updates on my job status so far.... One of the girls on my team named Kendra is pregnant and has decided to stay home. Her last day is a week from tomorrow. I would guess that is why I am back. To fill her shoes. I don't know that exactly for sure, but I have already started learning a couple of little things that she does, and I was told that there is more training in store for me tomorrow. I'll be intrigued to see what all my new duties will involve.

That is the other thing I think is strange. Nothing is really being communicated to me. I'm completely lost all the time about what is going on. I have no idea what the plans are where I am concerned, or what my future holds at Ryder and it is sort of driving me crazy. Its all I think about all the time. But at least I'm back and working, and I have to remind myself to just take one day at a time and be grateful.

Geesh, who knew the world of trucking logistics was so CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment