Soo.... a little background before I tell you this story.. Jon is the man who told me I was leaving last night. He was my manager and the nicest most awesome guy to work for. He swore up and down that he loved me and didn't want to see me go but that it was out of his hands and he was going to do whatever he had to do to get me to stay. I really did believe him, he was so sincere, but I didn't think he would be able to do anything. But, after my very emotional night last night, I got a phone call from the lady who got me my job. I assumed it was about the contract job I told her I was interested in. She goes..
"I just got off the phone with Jon from Ryder. He went to two of his managers and really plead your case and fought for you and said there were going to be some longterm effects of letting you go and has gotten approved to bring you back. You are approved through the end of the year and he most likely thinks that you'll be there permanently after that. He wants you back tomorrow if you're okay with that."
My response...
"Are you serious?!?!?!?!??!!??! Of course I'm okay with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
So now I'm just enjoying my imprompu day off and gearing up for work tomorrow. This has been a very strange couple of days and quite literally a roller coaster of emotions. I haven't cried this much since who knows when. But luckily the tears today are tears of relief and happiness, so I'm okay with that. Now I just have to think of how to thank Jon.. what to do you get the guy who just saved your rear?!?!
Holy Moley!! I am happy for you, but couldn't he have done all that BEFORE letting you go?? Also that is nice they called you earlier rather than later today so you could enjoy having a day off :)
ReplyDeleteYeah I'm glad it worked out the way it did. His manager was gone yesterday and told him over instant message that he had to let me go. So thats probably why he wasn't able to talk to her until today. Either way I don't really care. It all worked out and I'm just SO grateful.
ReplyDelete