Starting Monday I started my training to take over the girl who's last day is tomorrow. I'm REALLY nervous about it. I thought there were so many rules and exceptions in real estate, but I think there are about 1000 more in logistics. Its so hard for me to remember what carriers go to what cities, and what people I'm allowed to report to and which ones I have to go through someone else, and what trucks have to be under 15,000 pounds, how long it takes to get from Utah to Canada, when people can and cannot deliver on the weekend, how to make a change in the 3 different computer systems we use. I feel like my head is just spinning with random, usless trucking knowledge.
With that said.... I do think I'm getting better. I trained on Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday, I did the work myself, but with someone sitting with me. And then today, I was sort of on my own. I know I'm getting better because I was able to do a number of things from start to finish without really any supervision. I know that I'm doing the easiest things first, but I am hoping I can just wing it until I feel a little more certain in my whole thing.
The best part about my new tings I'm working on.. the days are FLYING by. I am always busy. I usually leave around noon for lunch. Today, I was just working on stuff not paying attention, and it was after one. Finally I thought.. hmmm, maybe I should eat a little something. It's really nice to not be counting the minutes tick by cause the are flying so fast.
The good news is, the more I learn, the more I feel like they really do need me and they can't let me go. I am getting way more involved in different things and I know that there is no way they could decide tomorrow to make me stay home. So unless some MAJOR changes with the client (and lets hope that doesn't happen anytime soon), I think I'll be at Ryder. Speaking of which, I'm about to apply for some permanent positions in different departments of the company. A couple of girls on my team seem to think that I would be able to snag one down since I'm already there and learning how stuff is done. I'll keep you posted on how things go next week when I'm flying solo...... eeks!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment