Thursday, November 18, 2010

Bird Invasion 2010

The Colony, TX. ....My New Home. Apparently, it is also the home of every bird in the world. I am pretty sure that ALL birds have migrated to The Colony, TX for the winter which has resulted in me and Liz feeling like we live in a zoo. Everytime we go to Wal-Mart, or to dinner, or anywhere really, we are amazed at the amount of birds. I will try to get a better picture, its hard to photograph birds, but they are EVERYWHERE.

Like I said.. not the greatest picture, but the birds just fill the ENTIRE parking lot.

They will line every power line, ever inch of the tops of buildings, they crowd on top of parked cards, they completely fill the trees, and then randomly, they will all fly and seriously the entire sky will turn black because there will be so many birds. They don't really get scared by the cars or people, so you can just park right next to em and walk pretty close. It is so strange.

Plus its as loud as heck. It seriously is crazy how thing so small as a bird can be so deafening when there are 10324238547938275 of them in a small space. I dont' know what it is about the Wal-Mart in the Colony, but the little black birds sure do love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment