Saturday, November 6, 2010

If I only had a brain..........

A very wise man named Ron White once said.. "You can't fix stupid." Its very possible that after the events of last week, he was talking about me.

I have a standing rule that I don't go to gas stations at night. I think its freaky. But last Saturday, I didn't really have a choice, I needed gas before Sunday and I knew it. So I went, and I was 99 percent done.. and still alive... and thought I'd throw a bag of trash I had in my car while I was standing there. So I grab the trash, lock my doors.. cause its freaky there and even though its only a second... and walk over to the garbage. As soon as I shut the door, I realize the keys are sitting right there on the console. I freaked. Everything was in there, my keys, my purse. LUCKILY, my cell phone was in my shirt pocket.. which is never it.. so I was blessed. I called Liz and had her bring me my spare. Thank heavens that we only live 5 minutes away. I had to wait at the gas station there alone.. which TOTALLY freaked me out, but luckily there was a police officer there and it definitely made me feel safer, and obviously I made it out alive.

Fast forward to the following Friday. You make it through a long week, you have dinner plans with your sis, you grab your bag to go home and once again, you don't have your keys. KILL ME. I was hoping that when I got to my car, the doors would be unlocked and I'd be able to get in.. sometimes I forget to lock the doors. Obviously, that was not one of these moments. I didn't know what to do. Everyone had left for the night.. I was screwed. So of course, I called Liz again and asked if she could come get me. This time I was about 40 minutes away, or should have been. There were about 5 accidents and traffic was horrific. I think it took her an hour-ten to get there and I felt SOOO bad. Basically we spent the next million hours trying to maneuver our way to a restaraunt. I think we were both close to saying some bad things, but we held on to the faith.. at least I did.. I wasn't in Liz's car... After about 4 hours, we made it. Dinner was good.. although I'm not really sure that it was worth what it took to get there.

I'm thinking about the ways to cure my stupidness... maybe I'll keep my spare in my purse??? Maybe I should just leave my car unlocked.. and take the chances that it gets stolen?? I think anything would be better than the events of last night.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I can top this. I have locked my keys in the ignition for long periods of time. That's right, periods, with an S, as in, this has happened more than once. I hate feeling dumb. I always leave one door unlocked now

    ReplyDelete