Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I should do this more often

So because I have been so busy lately, I haven't been able to blog. Well things change pretty quickly in my life. A quick update.

I have been working at Ryder in Ft. Worth. I got my job there through a placement agency, which is fine cause you just work under contract for the first few months and then Ryder could hire me full-time. It was the same thing I did at the Cancer Center a couple years back. When I was offered the job, they told me it was a long-term, permanent position and that I would be there for a long time. Plus, my manager seemed to really like me and up until today was telling me how he was gonna increase my responsibilities today and incorporate me more and more into things.

Then today at about 4:30, he asked if he could talk to me. I didn't think anything of it cause I thought we were gonna talk about my new responsibilities. Unfortunately.. that was not the case at all. :( He said that the client we worked for wasn't going to approve a 9th person anymore and that he had to let me go. He went on and on about how much he loved me and he fought for me. He said that he was going to look at all the other accounts that Ryder has and see if anyone could use me. He said that most likely he would have a job for me in a couple months, but that he couldn't give me a time frame. I was blown away. I didn't even know how to respond. After we finished talking, I spent my last half hour of work training a girl the best I could with no notice on all of the things I have been doing recently. I made a point not to cry and made it out of that office tear-free!! Needless to say, this day has pretty much sucked.

The lady who got me my job called me as soon as I left and told me how sorry she was and that she was sure I was going to be there forever. She once again told me how much they loved me and wished and wished that they had been able to keep me. She did say that she had a contract job that lasted for 6 weeks that she would try to get for me, it is supposed to start pretty immediately. That would be great just because I hadn't really saved up cause I was planning on having this job forever. Hopefully this would quite literally buy me some time.

I know it'll all work out, but this day definitely went differently than I was planning. I think I just struggled with this cause it was such a shock. In the morning, he was telling me how great I was doing, and how he was going to increase my role, and then that afternoon, he was telling me that was my last day. Just a hard adjustment to make. I'm hoping maybe this is the big guy's way of helping me find a job closer to home with a better commute. The hunt already began tonight for a new job and if anyone knows of ANY leads in Texas... I'm not too proud to ask for help!!!


1 comment:

  1. Why does life have to suck sometimes?? Thinking of you and praying...

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete