So when I was a baby and set up my Bank accounts for college, mom and I decided that since I was just a child of 17, I didn't need a credit card and could make do with just a debit card. It totally worked and I never really thought much about the fact that I didn't have a credit card.
Then a couple years ago when I graduated college, I thought it would be smart for me to get one because if I ever wanted to buy a car or do ANYTHING that required credit, I wouldn't be able to. So i tried to get approved for anything that I could so that I could start building credit, and no one would approve me because I didn't have any existing credit and I wasn't a student.
I couldn't get approved for store cards, regular credit cards, cell phone accounts.. nothing. It was starting to become a really big problem and I worried about it all the time. Chase wouldn't even allow mom to cosign for me because the economy was bad that they weren't allowing cosigners. So i was screwed.
But then a couple of weeks ago Capitol One sent me a letter from a previous time I had applied and gotten denies saying that they approved me for a credit card and that they would send it today.. and TODAY IT GOT HERE!!!!
I was so excited that it came and I can finally be a grown up big kid. But really I"m just glad that I can start to build my credit in this my twenty second year of life. It looks like the american flag and is pretty sweet. Mom even was so excited that she said I should go buy something on Sunday to celebrate. But luckily, I'm a lot more holy than she is and have decided to keep all of the commandments!
PS.... a few weeks ago I got me new glasses for my birthday after about 10 years. My old ones were so bad.. they were about 5 rx's old and the lenses had broken so they were superglued and held together with turquoise strings. I love these new glasses and I'm so glad that I have them. Plus they are J-Lo glasses, which make me feel cool, even though she stopped being cool in about 1996.
No comments:
Post a Comment