Well the road trip to Texas has come and gone. I'll say this, 25 hours in the car or whatever it was is enough to put anyone in a mental institution. However, the drive actually went so stinking well. I can't believe how fast it went. I Honestly believe I could have made that trip alone, but I'm grateful that dad was with me so that I didn't have to.
We started out a little before 6:00 on Friday Morning. I think we pulled out at 5:45, but we had to stop for gas. And we just hit the road running. We made it all the way to Shiprock, NM before we stopped for the first time. It was probably between 5 and 6 hours and 350 miles. Thats pretty awesome. We stopped for a bit.. got some gas and some lunch.. and thats when it was my turn. We didn't stop again for another 400 miles. And I really can't believe it, but I swear it flew by for me. I just had my iPod a going and was totally in the zone. We stopped in Tucumcari, NM and then dad took us another 2 hours or so to Amarillo, where we stayed for the night. I'm definitely glad we made that stop instead of attempting to go straight through. It wouldn't have been pretty.

Saturday was pretty much the same song-second verse. Out before 6:00, only stopped once. We got to Carolyn's around noon, Dropped off some stuff and then the final two hours to Gilmer. It was so nice to finally be here and to have that trip behind me. I had been dreading it for weeks. Sunday night after church, I came back to McKinney and have sort of settled in.
Carolyn and Bryan are basically awesome to put me up while I'm job hunting. But I'm gonna do my best to make sure I'm not in their hair for long. I had my first job interview today with this real estate company. I don't think it went well. The guy was a total weirdo. He kept asking me questions about what kind of databases I have used... I don't even know what to say to that. He quizzed me to make sure I know all the shortcut keys of how to cut and paste... and when I forgot that cut was "Control-X" I think that might have been the end of the interview right there. He was completely awkward, kind of a creeper and looked a little like an alien. Lets just say if I don't get that job I won't be heartbroken!!! So the hunt it still on, hopefully something shows up soon.. I'm a little nervous about this, but it was only day one and I'm still pretty optimistic about the whole thing!!! I'm giving myself this one week to be kind of lazy and not attend singles ward stuff and then on Sunday, the real fun begins with my first singles ward in Texas... and all that comes with that. I don't really have a desire to, but I know I need to make myself be social and get out there, so I'm sure there will be plenty of stories to tell there!!! I'm excited!!!
I am glad you made it safely. And Yes that interview guy did sound creepy. I didn't know cut and paste could make or break and interview, I am sure you will find something better. Good luck and keep us all posted :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on getting there!!! And who needs to work for a creeper anyways??
ReplyDeleteP.S. I'm REAL sad you won't ever be jaunting up for the weekend anymore...REAL. SAD.
It's whatever...