Week one in Texas... Check!!! Here are some random gems from the last 7 days of my life. Ps.. this is long.. I'm not sure why I'm so wordy....
Its been fun to so far. I have gotten to play a lot with Carolyn and Benjamin and it is a blast. And I was a little nervous that I would become a little lazy when I got here... and I'll be honest I have (Hi its Saturday and I haven't done my hair or make-up since Monday when I had a job interview) but luckily one thing is keeping me on a "normal schedule." I got myself a state of the art alarm clock.

Benjamin = my newmate (Nephew + roommate). When I thought that in my head, I totally thought nephew was spelled NEWPHEW. So it would work. Yeah its not, but I'm keeping it anyway. He didn't like me at first but now we're good friends and thanks to him and I still go to sleep and arise at a decent hour instead of sleeping until some crazy time in the day.
In other news Thursday we went on a little adventure. Carolyn wanted a little table for her living room like she had when she was asian, so we went to little Korea and found exactly what she was looking for. Bryan decided he wanted to just get it then instead of coming back. But the trunk of her car was a couple inches too short. Soo, it came in the back seat with me and the little man.
It took up where your feet would go, So I was sitting Indian style while trying to keep Benjamin happy who happened to be throwing up at the time. It was definitely an experience. Later it was Carolyn's turn.. The worst part about it was not the fact that you couldn't put your feet down, but the fact that it was 200 degrees outside and the darn box blocked the air conditioner and caused you to melt to death. I felt bad for her.
Last but not least... Boot Camp. I sort of lost myself this summer and gained a few lbs... so I put it to my mind before I got here that while I wasn't working, It would be boot camp and I would get myself back into gear. Luckily Carolyn has been game for that. Let me just say this.. it sucks. Every single day when Benjamin goes down for his nap we will do a little video of something. We just finished the Crunch-Fat Burning Dance Routine. It sucked. After a zippy little 45 minutes, we are sweating like a couple of pigs. It sucks. I hate it. Then a couple of time this week we have also both gone to the treadmill and done a bit on there after our video. But I'll be honest, yesterday after doing yoga or pilates or whatever it was where you support yourself with your arms, and then you do lunches for who knows how long, I had a hard time running so I only
lasted for a couple of minutes. But I'm doing better.. eventually maybe I won't hate this as much. Oh but one good thing, Bryan wasn't here the other night cause he was at church, and we made these AWESOME chicken taco salads. They were outstanding.
Blue Bell: The Most Heavenly Ice Cream On The Planet. We had to run to the grocery store last night for milk and I saw this and I almost died. Now I wouldn't let myself get any cause of boot camp, but just knowing that it was there brought me some sort of weird joy. For any of you who haven't visited the great state of Texas and don't know about Blue Bell, I'm sorry that you are not yet living. However, for the rest of you, you know what I"m talking about. When I saw it.. it was like on a cartoon or something when the whole things lights up and music plays. It was awesome. One day Blue Bell... One day....
so glad to read your blog and see the pictures, bumbo looks so big...and the blue bell moment mde me laugh...wish the thinking of it were as good as the eating of it. have a good day. love mom
ReplyDelete