Only in Provo....
Tuesday night Renae came over to see me and Megan one last time before we left. Right as we all sat down to chit chat the door knocks and we just kind of yell come in and this boy with a guitar walks right in. He says that he goes around playing music for people and asks if we want to hear a song. Right as I'm gearing up to be like "we're in the middle of something and don't have time," Megan and Renae had already been like "sure, come in!!" So Derk Olthof pulled up a kitchen chair and started singing us some tunes.

Now I'll say this, Derk can sing. He's got a nice voice. But its hard to concentrate on that when all you can focus on is how strange and awkward this boy is. He likes to sit with his legs crossed all tight like a girl. He closes his eyes all squinty when he sings. Hes maybe one of the more socially awkward people I've had a privelage of meeting recently and when he finishes his song, he kind of purses his lips and looks at you and says "Would you like to hear another one?!?" What a weirdo.The best part of this experience was when he couldn't find his pick... he says, "uh oh, this could get awkward." Immediately Renae goes, "well it already is." I died. It was so funny to me. Just another day in Provo... I'm willing to bet these kind of things won't happen to me once I'm in Texas... Shoot!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment