So on Wednesday we had a 40% chance of rain. In my head, that is the weather man's way of saying, "If you happen to remember your umbrella... GREAT... If not, you'll totally be fine.. there is a 60% chance that you're gonna make it inside dry.... NOT!!!!!" Here's how our afternoon went...
4:30: Left the Office... No Rain
4:40: Went into Bank... Light Sprinkles
4:50: Exited Bank... Sprinkles
5:10: Leave apartment for CostCo... Sprinkles (If you hurried to the car, you'd totally be fine)
5:20: Arrive at CostCo... TORRENTIAL DOWNPOUR!!!!!
5:20: Arrive at CostCo... TORRENTIAL DOWNPOUR!!!!!
Megan and I shared an umbrella walking into CostCo. In the length of time it took us to walk into the store, my ENTIRE ride side was completely soaked. I'm not talking about a few drops on my shirt.. I'm talking about if this had been spring break and we were in Miami, we could have had a wet t-shirt contest... because we were completely soaked. Megan's backside got the worst of it for her, it was also completely wet. The best part of it though, was that I was having a hard time walk-running because the sandals I wore to work that day were slipping off and my toes were getting messed up. And Meg and I were laughing so hard that I was having a hard time walking and I think I was laughing my eyes shut which is dangerous when its raining cats and dogs in the parking lot. But it was by far the funniest thing that has happened to me in a while and made for a fun unexpected adventure on a Wednesday evening.
But just so we're clear... I am LOVING the thunderstorms that have been here the past day or two. It was still dark and thundery when I left for work this morning and I could not have been any happier about it. I wish it would stay like this for the rest of my time here. Too bad I can see the sun starting to shine....,.
No comments:
Post a Comment