Saturday was busy... In the morning, I did some shopping for Matt's birthday package that Megan and I are sending him. Found him some good stuff I think. His card is really funny and goes as follows..
HAPPINESS IS LIKE PEEING IN YOUR PANTS,
EVERYONE CAN SEE IT,
BUT ONLY YOU CAN FEEL ITS WARMTH!!
IT'S YOUR BIRHTDAY,
LET YOUR HAPPINESS SHOW!
I thought it was really funny and perfect for Matt, so I was excited. Plus, the card is BRIGHT PINK and I know that Matthew loves pink.. so I thought it would fit him just right.
Then, Megan and I both got haircuts... mine got cut a little shorter than I would have liked, but its nice to have all the dead ends cut off so that my hair feels healthy again. That night, we went to Salt Lake and had dinner with Megan's friend Allison at TGI Friday's. After dinner, we went to Gateway mall and walked around for a while in the shops before seeing All About Steve. It wasn't at all what I was expecting from that movie, but it was super random and super funny.
On Labor Day Monday, we had a ward activity. It was real fun. We had a barbeque and then after played water kickball. It's just regular kickball, but all of the bases are kiddie pools and then you have to slide into home on a slip-n-slide. We didn't play, but we watched and cheered and it was super funny. All these 20-something year old guys just throwing themselves onto a slip-n-slide to avoid getting out. Really it was hilarious. I told Megan, I wished that our family reunion coming up was going to be during the summer because it would be really fun to play that with our family, but I guess we'll have to wait for the next one.
All in all, it was a really fun weekend, and it was SOOOO nice to have an extra day off of work. But alas, I had to come back and resume bringing home the bacon.
PS... for those of you who have heard me complain about the girl at my work.. Well Thursday turned out being her last day. My boss told me that she only was on the payroll for 11 days, she was gone for 4 of those and only on time twice. So they let her go last week and my boss was going to interview people yesterday and hopefully have someone start today. Hopefully whoever this new girl is will be better than the previous chick. Wish me luck while I'm training today, I don't love doing that!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment