Monday, September 13, 2010

So... Tonight after dinner Carolyn was going on and on about how she was craving sugar cookies. And I mentioned something about how we had had a bunch at my branches dinner last night and I would have grabbed one if I'd known. Luckily for her, we had the leftovers at FHE tonight and I totally swiped one for her. Am I the greatest or what?!?

So I come home and I go, "Carolyn!!! I got you a cookie. And look!! It's a temple!! It'll nourish the body and the soul!!!" She takes one look at it and goes "It's a cake.. Like a wedding cake." My response, "Uhhhhh, thats embarrassing!!!"

Back Story:

Whenever there is a fireside, my branch feeds us. We have church really late and so they have dinner to hold you over so that you can go to the fireside. I actually think its pretty awesome. So yesterday, not very many people brought food, but there were all these desserts from a wedding that had taken place over the weekend. So there were all these sugar cookies and I could have sworn they were little temples. Like cause they got married in the temple. So I know that in at least 3 different conversations, I called them temples. Now, 24 hours later, I'm learning that they were wedding cakes. That is SOOO embarrassing. Who can't tell what's a cake and what's a temple?!? Looking at it now, it is obviously a cake.. but hopefully it's close enough that whoever I was talking to yesterday doesn't think I'm a total idiot?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment