So I have been kind of MIA when it comes to this thing lately. I just haven't been in the mood.. so many apologies. I'll sort of get you caught up. I spent most of last week in Gilmer. I just kind of decided for a change of scenery while I'm not working I would spend a few days with the folks on the farm. It was excellent and totally needed!! On the way down there I was talking to Carolyn and Bryan about how I wanted to drive my dad's tractor. Carolyn made some comment like, "Do you think he'll let you?" And me reply was like, "Please, he'll totally let me." This was less than an hour after we arrived..... And this was just the beginning of my redneck weekend!!
Here's what I'll say about tractors: Its harder than it looks. I know the boys on footloose make it look like it aint no think when they plan chicken, but it took all the strength I could muster to turn that bad boy around.. and one time I ended up in a ditch which meant I had to go backwards. The one thing freakier than driving a farm tractor... driving it in reverse.
Oh and if your curious about my Indiana Jones hat, well my dad wears it everyday when he tractors.. and I wanted to be a real farmer. So I had to dress the part!!!
At the end of my country weekend, Bryan and Dad were doing some shooting in the backyard before breakfast (Things have really changed at mom and dads house) so of course I wanted to participate!!! We shot Bryan's hand-gun first and then one of my dad's shotguns. The handgun hurt my middle finger and the shotgun put a bruise the size of a baseball on my arm. I LOVE SHOOTING GUNS!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment