Monday, September 13, 2010

Living The Single Life

Ahh the singles ward. I HATE starting new in a ward. HATE it. But I also know its necessary. So I have been doing my darndest since I've been here to go to as many things as I can and actually meet the people in my ward and make friends and put myself out there. Historically speaking.. I've done very poorly at this. Thats not to say that I'm completely at home in this new ward or that I'm friends with everyone, but I think I'm doing better than I have in my previous 2 wards.

So at first, I did not feel good about my singles branch AT ALL!!!! I was convinced that I would never return and that it was a complete dud. But luckily, I've kind of stuck it out for a few weeks and I feel like its starting to get better. If nothing else, I no longer feel like the kid all alone at the lunch table with no friends.... which is how I was feeling at first. So while Its been baby steps.. At least I'm taking steps!!

Oh, and I got called onto the Activities Committee. Usually I might complain about how that can be a lot of work and a lot of stuff can end up on your shoulders, but I actually feel like this is the perfect opportunity for me to remain completely involved and not let myself slack about going to stuff and continue to meet new people and build eternal friendships... or something like that....

1 comment:

  1. Hey i'm adding your blog address on mine...hope that's alright!!

    ReplyDelete