Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Working 9 to 5...........

Or 8-6, whatever......

SO ITS OFFICIAL!!!!!!!!!!

Ryder finally got their act together and gave me a full-time-big-girl-permanent position!!!

For those of you who don't know, I started working at Ryder as a temp worker.. but was told that they would eventually hire me full time. But that never happened.

Long story short.. I kept getting told how great I was and that they loved me and they wanted to hire me, but that they never could for one reason or another.

Finally, a lady decided to retire, and they offered me her position.

So as of March 1, I officially became a full-time employee of Ryder Logistics. My technical name is a Shipment Management Coordinator. Basically, I schedule trucks, make sure crap delivers, and say whatever I need to say to keep our customer happy. Its swell.

I work for the Reckitt Benckiser account at Ryder. Reckitt makes French's Mustard, Lysol products, Airwick, Mucinex, and a bunch of other random products. It is one of the harder accounts we have at Ryder, so I don't have the easiest days at work

Every day is stressful, every day there is a crisis and everyday, I work through my breaks and lunches and work late. If I'm being honest, I think my job might very well kill me, but I'm grateful for the opportunity, cause this is far and away the best/most grown up job I've ever had.

Just wanted y'all all to know what I was up to.

Ps.... Liz started at Ryder too, through the same agency I came from!! It's kind of fun cause we car-pool together and stuff. But I feel bad for her cause she always has to stay late and wait for me while I'm trying to finish up my work. Oh well, I'm over it.. We are currently looking for an apartment closer to work since our lease is up in May, so exciting stuff to come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment