We had to get to the stadium at 3:30, which we did. We walked up to the gate where we were supposed to meet Brittany, and she was no where to be found and the nice security people there had no intentions of letting us in. Finally, I was able to get homegirl on the phone and she came and met up with us. We then stood outside and waited for over an hour for the rest of the volunteers to show up. Not to mention it was about 100 mile per hour winds the whole time. Awesome. Finally when everyone got there, Brittany showed us to our posts where we would be working.
All we really had to do was hand out the programs to all of the people after they came through the gates. We got dropped off at our spot around 4:15 and the doors weren't opening until 5:30, so we just continued to stand there and entertain ourselves. Finally, the doors opened and we were able to do our little service project.
Brittany told us that once the event was about to start and people were dying down, we could leave and the staff would take over. So right at 7 when Toby Keith was starting, Liz tells the lady that we are gonna leave and she proceeds to tell us that we have to stay until 7:30. Seriously?? Luckily she didn't make us stay QUITE that long and then we headed inside. We missed the first couple of songs, but I did see more of Toby Keith for free than I did when i PAID to see Lady Antebellum. So I was happy!!
The concert was so good!! Me and Liz were in a section of people who I'm pretty sure did not know a single Toby Keith song, so of course we were singing at the top of our lungs to every song.. and we were the only ones!! But we didn't give a flying flip and it was great. He finished at 8 and then it was time for the RODEO!!!
I have been to a few rodeos over the years and totally thought I knew what they were about, but this one COMPLETELY blew those rodeos out of the water!!! It was freaking amazing. The first thing that happened was fireworks went off and PBR went up in flames in the arena. It really was so freaking awesome. There was really only bull riding at this one cause it was PBR and I must say, the professionals really know what they are doing!!! It was so fun, and me and Liz were totally into it and had the absolute best time. Having known what that night was gonna be, I would gladly have paid a pretty penny for those tickets, but the fact that we got in for free was the icing on the cake. It was obvious to me on Saturday that I really am a country girl at heart. Now if I could just find a cowboy.......

No comments:
Post a Comment