Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Happy Birthday USA


Had the funnest weekend in Idaho with the girls. Me and Megan went up Thursday night so spend the Fourth of July weekend with Liz. Then Friday, we all went to the Lake for a bit.. until it started raining on us. Then that night we ate pizza and watched movies like Connie and Carla. One of my all-time favorites!!

Saturday was amazing. The parade in Idaho Falls was excellent. We had so much fun and it really was worlds better than the little dinky parades I had previously attended. Then we ate lunch at McDonalds and headed to the park where we spent the next 10 hours.


We played games, listened to music and ate lots of puppy chow while we were waiting for the fireworks that night. Then, I made a couple of large walks. One to Arctic Circle to use the restroom... that was probably five blocks. And then the big one was when we thought it was going to start raining, I offered to walk to Wal-Mart and get umbrellas for me and Liz. That was about 6 blocks and it started raining as I was walking there. By the time I made it there and back, the rain had stopped and I had developed blisters between my toes from the flip flops I was wearing. That was fun... NOT.

But it was all worth it that night when the fireworks started. They really were fantastic. And the people next to us had a radio that was playing some "American" songs that i had been waiting all day to hear. It was outstanding.

By the time we got home on Sunday, I was exhausted, but I had so much fun and I'm so glad that we decided to go spend the weekend with Liz rather than spending it here in boring Provo by ourselves!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for you...I'm glad you guys had fun! We went camping then came home a day early to watch fireworks here instead of in the mountains. We played in a lake, too. :)

    ReplyDelete