Monday, August 17, 2009

Living it up in the ghetto!!!

Elizabeth moved into her new apartment over the weekend. She is living in Midvale, UT for the next few months while shes does her student teaching in West Valley City. Her apartment is super nice and I wish I had a pad like that!!!

On Saturday, Me LIz and mom went to Chase bank to set up an account for her. While we were there, Mom started asking the banker about the area. He goes well... there are nicer places. And then he started getting into it. He said "Our branch is the only one in the area with bullet-proof glass!! We used to be the number-one robbed chase bank, but since we got the bullet-proof class, we haven't been robbed. But you can still see the fresh paint from our last shooting!" I was dying laughing. I thought mom was going to have a coronary and die next to me. The more he talked the funnier it got to me.

After the bank, we took mom to the airport so that she could go back home to Texas and be reunited with her one true love. After the airport, me and Liz went shopping to get her set-up. This was the best part. We went to a Wal-Mart in West Valley (Where Liz will be teaching) and the area is just super ghetto. Everything the banker was saying was true and you could see it. We finally found the Wal-mart and there was a big cement wall surrounding it. I had never seen such a thing. Cracked us both up. Needless to say, once we saw that, We chose to drive a little farther to a nicer town where we could shop. We were able to get her at least part of the way set-up and in her new place.

I hope she ends up liking her new set-up, and I'm so glad to have more family close-by! This is going to be fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment